Tuesday – June 23rd – 7:00pm
Soundtrack Studios, 936 Broadway, 4th floor. New York, NY
Title: «Think Tank» – An Evening with Internationally-Acclaimed Studio Designer, John Storyk
Presented by Architect / Acoustician John Storyk, Principal, WSDG
This is another in our series of informal chats exclusively for ManhatPro members. Next week, meet with John Storyk, Co Founder and Principal of Walters-Storyk Design Group. John has been responsible for designing over 3000 media and content creation facilities worldwide. His credits include:
- Jimi Hendrix’s Electric Lady Studios (1969)
- Jazz At Lincoln Center
- Le Poisson Rouge
- Broadcast facilities for The Food Network, ESPN, and WNET
- Major education complexes for NYU and Berklee College of Music, Boston (2015 TEC winner)
Recent projects include:
- Jungle City Studios (NYC)
- Private studios for Green Day, Jay-Z, Timbaland’s Tim Mosley, Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, Alicia Keys, Owl City, Harry Connick Jr., and Grammy winning producer Paul Epworth
- Studios for film composers Carter Burwell and A.R. Rahman
WSDG has collaborated with such noted architects as Frank Gehry, Rafael Vinoly, Norman Foster, Oscar Niemeyer, Phillipe Stark and Nicholas Grimshaw. WSDG is a nine-time winner of the prestigious NAMM TEC Award for outstanding achievement in Acoustics/Facility Design. The firm maintains offices and representation in NY, SF, LA, Miami, Buenos Aires, Belo Horizonte, Basel, Beijing, Barcelona, Mexico City, St. Petersburg and Mumbai.
Like previous «Think Tank» events, this will be an interactive conversation with a prominent industry figure. Bring your questions and ideas. If you have met John or attended his recent talk at the Institute of Audio Research you know that this promises to be a great event.